I like setting resolutions. I am the type that when I say I will do something, I almost always do it. Perhaps this is the Monica Gellar in me, but I love completing tasks.
Last year I was indifferent about what type of resolution to set. I usually have some type of typical girly goal- lose pounds, trim up, eat healthier, yada, yada, yada. But last year I was happy, healthy and comfortable in my skin, so couldn’t think of anything related. It took me an extra 2 weeks to clarify a goal, but ultimately, after some back and forth with the hubs, we decided to co-goal. 2012 was the year to work on our marriage.
Overall, we did well. We’re certainly in a better place than 1 year ago. We’re communicating better, are more respectful, are working on being a better team and definitely paid attention to being SPOUSES and not just partners in parenting. We still have a lot of work to do, but that is marriage. I am glad we set the goal, because it made us realize that it wasn’t a years resolution, but something that we have to work on for a lifetime.
I am so anxious to get 2013 started, particularly the fitness realm, but unfortunately this area will have to wait until March 8th at the earliest (after having baby i’ll be restricted for 8 weeks, typical c-section recovery time). So what are my plans come March?
- Run at least 4 half-marathons.
- Break my half goal time of 1:41.
- Cross off 2 or 3 states from my list.
- Try racing shorter distances: 5K, 10K.
- Long shot: possibly of a marathon?!
- Lose the baby weight. Not necessarily the weight, but ‘added padding’ (a.k.a get back to being comfortable in my skin).
- Try CrossFit.
- Focus on “eating to live, not living to eat”.
- Focus on the things that I can control and… JUST. BE. HAPPY.
- Continue to grow in my faith.
- Be patient in reacting (I tend to be emotional and react to things instantly).
- Finish getting out of debt. We’re down to our student loans and I know we can do it!
- Cook a new meal each month.
- No fast food (this is in support of my husband- we did it in 2010!).
- Visit a new place each month (park, activity center, etc.).