I just happened to stumble across this site and realized, “Oh yea, I have a blog!” Or not. One thing I pride myself on is my honesty, so let’s do this. I’ll start with some facts.
1. Life has been busy, not just busy, but hard, and for many reasons.
2. We wanted to find a bigger home by this time last year… a year too late is better than never, right?
3. Parenting can be tough, especially getting through the trials of the first 6 months of a new life.
What… are those too vague? Let’s start over…
1. If you’re not familiar with my day to day, I work from home (I teach collegiate classes online- in Sports Management and Sport Health and Sciences degree fields) and am also a Spinning instructor (only subbing classes right now). I also have both kids at home with me. Thank God i’m a fantastic multi-tasker.
2. We’re FINALLY moving!!! We FINALLY (sorry for all the caps- but they’re necessary) found a new home that suits our family and will be moving in less than 2 weeks! We’re staying in the same city we’re currently in, so luckily don’t have to worry about a distant move.
3. Emery has (thankfully) bene much healthier these last few months. Despite this, I still feel he is slightly behind in terms of physical development. I know, I know, all kids progress at their own pace. I am not (too) worried, just anxious for him to reach typical milestones for his respective age. He is very happy and smiley, so I try to be content with just that.
4. Here’s the big one, one that has probably been the largest factor in my absence. I’ve struggled with some postpartum depression issues. Luckily they aren’t too severe, but still, it is difficult to deal with, let alone admit to.
This last point is obviously the biggest. I was shocked to speak with my OBGYN about this and hear just how common it is. He said he honestly has the conversation with more than HALF of his postpartum patients EVERY DAY! Wow.
So, why the sudden post? I’ve meant to post… honestly. I couldn’t tell you just how often I catch myself writing a post in my head (while running, breastfeeding, driving, making lunch and dinners, etc). Next week starts my fall half marathon training and I want to share my progress with all of you, as this is a running blog and especially because I am taking a new (to me) approach. Stay tuned for more!